Would you slash your own tire so it would be covered by insurance?

flowerfunleah
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I have a friend who works in an auto body shop and a customer came in with three tires slashed and my friend went ahead and slashed the fourth so they'd be covered under her insurance. Insurance is such a joke with policies like only covering 2 or 3 tires and is just another way they take someone's money without having to do any real work at all.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:42 am
AnnieArk wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:33 am No, because that's insurance fraud.
Technically it is but there is no way they can actually find out.
😂 you just posted this on an online forum with crazy stalkers. That was incredibly stupid.

And did you raise your children to only follow laws when someone could find out? Personally, I would have paid for the tires and moved on. There is no way I would support my child in making a decision that was both stupid and illegal, but you do you.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:05 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:42 am
AnnieArk wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:33 am No, because that's insurance fraud.
Technically it is but there is no way they can actually find out.
😂 you just posted this on an online forum with crazy stalkers. That was incredibly stupid.

And did you raise your children to only follow laws when someone could find out? Personally, I would have paid for the tires and moved on. There is no way I would support my child in making a decision that was both stupid and illegal, but you do you.
I'm anonymous. No one knows who I am and there is no way they could find my son

I did teach my kids to follow the laws but I cant control what my over 30 year old son does. If you wanted to shell out the money that is okay. Not everyone wants to waste that kind of money because someone vandalized their car
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:39 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:21 am This doesn't make sense to me. I get that they wouldn't replace the undamaged one, but the other 3 should be covered.

But even if that really is their policy, I would not slash my own tire. That's fraud. Because of the deductable, I doubt it would make sense to file a claim to replace the tires anyway. I would just pay for new ones.
I am not sure what the deductible is if there even is one. On my policy glass and tires do not have a deductible. Replacing two tires would have been about $550 out of his pocket
I don't know if it's different for tires, but our deductable is $500, and that's close to what we paid last time we replaced all 4 tires.

Also, the insurance company may only pay the value of the old tires, not the full cost to replace them with new tires. If your tires are a few years old, you still might have to cover a large portion out of pocket.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:22 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:39 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:21 am This doesn't make sense to me. I get that they wouldn't replace the undamaged one, but the other 3 should be covered.

But even if that really is their policy, I would not slash my own tire. That's fraud. Because of the deductable, I doubt it would make sense to file a claim to replace the tires anyway. I would just pay for new ones.
I am not sure what the deductible is if there even is one. On my policy glass and tires do not have a deductible. Replacing two tires would have been about $550 out of his pocket
I don't know if it's different for tires, but our deductable is $500, and that's close to what we paid last time we replaced all 4 tires.

Also, the insurance company may only pay the value of the old tires, not the full cost to replace them with new tires. If your tires are a few years old, you still might have to cover a large portion out of pocket.
They replaced all his tires with no charge
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

I know more than one person who has done this very thing so the insurance would cover it all....

And yes, I would add my name to that list. I pay enough on insurance, they sure as hell can return some of that money by putting 4 new tires on my vehicle.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Only if it was going to cost way more than my deductible to replace them.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

He slashed HIS OWN TIRE?
🙄
Cheater. Disgusting!
Oliviasmom72
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

No that is really stupid
Anonymous 1

Unread post