Would you slash your own tire so it would be covered by insurance?

Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:35 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:32 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:23 pm

There is no way for them to ever find out.
I agree it's probably unlikely at this point, but it's not impossible. What if the police catch the guys who did it and they claim they only slashed 3 tires?
The police report says 4 tires have been tampered with.
My point exactly. A discrepancy like that could prompt an investigation. It's possible they could figure out the truth.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:16 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:32 pm

I agree it's probably unlikely at this point, but it's not impossible. What if the police catch the guys who did it and they claim they only slashed 3 tires?
My point exactly. A discrepancy like that could prompt an investigation. It's possible they could figure out the truth.
The police report would prove the criminal wrong
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:27 pm

No. The report does not prove that your son was telling the truth when he made the report. An investigation could show that the criminal is telling the truth and the report is false. There could be other evidence to support the criminal's claim.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:23 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:20 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:27 pm

They replaced all his tires with no charge
It still wouldn't be worth it to me. If this ever gets back to him, it's going to cost him a lot more than a new set of tires.
There is no way for them to ever find out.
That’s so disgusting.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Hopefully, someone will do the right thing and report you and your son for insurance fraud.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:52 pm

No. The report does not prove that your son was telling the truth when he made the report. An investigation could show that the criminal is telling the truth and the report is false. There could be other evidence to support the criminal's claim.
The criminal would have to prove the police that came out were lying

You are really stretching here
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:53 pm Hopefully, someone will do the right thing and report you and your son for insurance fraud.
I've never committed insurance fraud
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:53 pm

No one would try and prove the police are lying because they aren't.

It's not a question of how many tires were slashed. It's a question of how they all got that way. Right now, they're going on your son's word that he found the car with all 4 tires slashed, and for now, they have no reason to think he's lying. If someone called his statement into question, they might be able to figure out that he slashed the 4th tire himself for the insurance.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:43 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:53 pm

No one would try and prove the police are lying because they aren't.

It's not a question of how many tires were slashed. It's a question of how they all got that way. Right now, they're going on your son's word that he found the car with all 4 tires slashed, and for now, they have no reason to think he's lying. If someone called his statement into question, they might be able to figure out that he slashed the 4th tire himself for the insurance.
They came out and looked. That was before he slashed the tire.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

Ya know those security cameras that your son bought with money that he obtained by filing a fraudulent claim for his tire slashings? Well...he better hope that one of your neighbors didn't have a few of those security cameras pointed at him when he was slashing that 4th tire!
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:21 am DS decided to slash one of his tires so he could get his tires replaced. Someone tried slashing all four of his tires but they were unsuccessful with the last one. His insurance policy only covers the replacement of 1 or 4 tires not 2 or 3. At first I thought he was crazy but now I think it makes sense. I think it is pretty stupid to not cover what tires are needed. On my insurance policy they will cover what needs to be covered when it comes to tires.

He wants to switch insurance policies to something different after this policy is done.

Now he has four new tires and instead of wasting money buying two tires he got some security cameras. The police said that he is not the first person who had his tires slashed this week alone. It is a nice area but they think it is teenagers F***ing around.

Would you have just had one tire replaced by insurance and bought two more or just slashed the fourth one?
Locked Previous topicNext topic