Parents sue school because middle schooler used black marker to color in his hair

MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Unread post

https://m.chron.com/news/houston-texas/ ... m=referral

School handbook says no extreme hair styles and something along the lines about cuts, fades, Mohawks and something else (personally can’t remember)

Kid comes in with a design in his hair. He is given 3 options

Call his mom
Color it in with a black sharpie
Receive disciplinary action.

Kid chooses to color in his hair.

Parents get pissed and went to the media and have now sued because of it.

Kid is 13.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That should never have been an option to give a child. If he broke a rule, call his parents, don't have him damage his body.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

While I don't agree with the school even having an option B (color it in), if the boy didn't like that option, he should have chosen option A or C.

I think the lawsuit is nuts. And I hope the boy loses...because he and his family should not be rewarded for breaking the rule at school.
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Coloring it in should have never been an option. But the parents are going overboard with suing. I mean come on, it’s marker, it’ll wash out.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:46 am That should never have been an option to give a child. If he broke a rule, call his parents, don't have him damage his body.
Markers don't damage your body lmao.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:03 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:46 am That should never have been an option to give a child. If he broke a rule, call his parents, don't have him damage his body.
It leaves a semi-permanent mark that takes days to scrub off. That is damaging. If I scribbled in sharpie on your coach, you would say I damaged your property.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:05 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:03 am
It leaves a semi-permanent mark that takes days to scrub off. That is damaging. If I scribbled in sharpie on your coach, you would say I damaged your property.
Because it will never come off fabrics or leathers. However,it will come off of skin within a couple of day@
Anonymous 3

Unread post

They named their child Juelz. Of course they’re trying to sue.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Should have never touched the child. I'd sue too.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

You almost certainly wouldn’t win.
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:56 am Should have never touched the child. I'd sue too.
Locked Previous topicNext topic