Screaming in Target

AllyCat457
Peasant
Peasant

Unread post

I had a rare few hours to myself yesterday evening so I went to Target to kill some time.
I was walking around the toy aisle and I hear two kids screaming at the top of their lungs. Not having a tantrum, just randomly screaming to make noise. They looked around 5-7 years old, so not babies. They were sitting in the cart while their mother just ignored the screeching. They would literally take a deep breath and scream in unison until their faces turned red. After a few minutes, it was getting to me so I left the toy area.
When I say these kids were loud, I mean I could hear them on the opposite side of the store. A few times over the next 30 minutes, I would cross paths with them again, and the mom is still ignoring the screaming. Eventually, she made her way to check out, where she unfortunately stood behind me in line (son of a bitch) and laughed while her children continued to scream like pterodactyls.
I work with kids, I have a child with ASD, believe me when I say I have a high tolerance for noise.
But holy shit, lady. You're just going to walk around this store with your kids screaming their lungs out without even suggesting they be quiet? Perhaps she did, but it sure seemed like she was just tuning it out. Maybe she's deaf or has gone deaf listening to that racket.
Or maybe she's an asshole who is raising miniature assholes. Because that shit isn't funny or cute.
It's mind blowing to me what some parents allow their children to do. My autistic 6 yr. Old knows better than that. If I pulled that garabge in a store my mom would have beat my ass into the floor.
Sorry if this offends anyone, but I get so few nights out by myself and I walked away from this with a splitting headache.
Superbutt
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Lol, i would have been highly annoyed
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I find that extremely rude to let them keep doing it.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

There is no excuse for that kind of behavior.
Parent failure.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Agreed.
WhoAreYou
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I would’ve said something. I’m in my 40s now and give no fucks.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

OP, I know it's not funny. But your post was written so well that it had me laughing out loud!

But I agree. It drives me nuts when a mom lets her kid do this. She probably (?) did say something to her kids at least once (?). But when your kid is pulling one of these moves, you need to REMOVE the kid from the store and when you get home, you need to give him a consequence for his action.

The rest of the store should not need to listen to your screaming banshee. When the tantrum lasts 3 minutes, it is understandable that the mom doesn't take the kid and leave. But when the tantrum/screeching lasts 20 minutes, the banshee isn't the problem. The MOTHER of the banshee IS. The mom needs to use some common sense.
Superbutt
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

WhoAreYou wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:10 am I would’ve said something. I’m in my 40s now and give no fucks.
:lol:
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Perhaps she couldn't find the Walmarts?
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Tigress22304
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I would have walked right up to those little assholes and screamed even louder.

It did wonders when my SD18 did that shit as a preteen.

{Kat}
Locked Previous topicNext topic