Apparently my dd is a "crappy babysitter"

BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

AllofFive19 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:47 am
BionicBunny wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:38 am
AllofFive19 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:40 pm

She'll have to prove it, of course, but if can prove a lost babysitting job because of her words, she can have a chance at winning.
It would most likely cost more to take it to court than she would get. Waste of time and money, like I said.
I disagree. When we let someone get away with something, we open the doors to let others get away with it. It doesn't go away simply because we ignore it. It may or may not be a waste of time, but won't be a waste of money.
Get away with it? Where are we in society that suing for gossip is the best thing? It’s a freaking baby sitting job! She wouldn’t answer how old her daughter is but I imagine she can’t be all too old for mommy to be handling an unsatisfied babysitting job. Perhaps the best lesson for her daughter would be to not go nuts over everything said about you and running to court isn’t the answer. But then again I like to think myself to be more reasonable than to blow up gossip into a legal issue!
We live in a world where we leave reviews for people’s services on the internet. You aren’t going to always have good reviews. A child getting on the roof while in her care is enough to not give a good review.
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:04 am

It would most likely cost more to take it to court than she would get. Waste of time and money, like I said.
I disagree. When we let someone get away with something, we open the doors to let others get away with it. It doesn't go away simply because we ignore it. It may or may not be a waste of time, but won't be a waste of money.
Get away with it? Where are we in society that suing for gossip is the best thing? It’s a freaking baby sitting job! She wouldn’t answer how old her daughter is but I imagine she can’t be all too old for mommy to be handling an unsatisfied babysitting job. Perhaps the best lesson for her daughter would be to not go nuts over everything said about you and running to court isn’t the answer. But then again I like to think myself to be more reasonable than to blow up gossip into a legal issue!
We live in a world where we leave reviews for people’s services on the internet. You aren’t going to always have good reviews. A child getting on the roof while in her care is enough to not give a good review.
The way I see it, in a couple years she could go apply for a real job or a good college. These places google her name and see these facebook posts. Now these aren't just, "my kid didn't like her and she's a bad babysitter" these post describe, extreme irresponsibility, neglect and criminal behavior. With the way social media is now things like this could really damage her in her future.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You are making way too big of a deal about this! Be a good example for your daughter and teach her how to be the bigger person. It's a babysitting job FFS.
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Bad reviews are one thing, bad reviews that aren't true and cause financial harm are another. If you don't see the difference that's on you.

Parents need to be able to trust their child's provider and providers need to earn money. When one child no longer needs to have a provider, the provider needs to find another one to replace them. If the provider can't, then they lose money. Her false remarks are directly affecting this providers means of living/making money. That is the difference, it's a negative effect that's not a result of the providers actions.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Poietes wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:11 am

The way I see it, in a couple years she could go apply for a real job or a good college. These places google her name and see these facebook posts. Now these aren't just, "my kid didn't like her and she's a bad babysitter" these post describe, extreme irresponsibility, neglect and criminal behavior. With the way social media is now things like this could really damage her in her future.
Depending on that persons Facebook settings it may not even show up. If it does show up and it causes her loss like you described THEN you would actually have a case to sue someone over. You have to prove it’s a lie to begin with. I would say a child getting on a roof while in her care is pretty negligent and irresponsible. As of right now it’s just a case of the little baby sitter getting her feelings hurt because someone said something about her baby sitting skills and mommy is upset and now wants to make a big legal deal over it. You are talking about possible future scenarios that would have to be dealt with in the future IF it ever happens which it likely would not.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:36 am You sound crazy with all the talk of legal action. Her calling you instead of the parents while the child was on the roof doesn't make her sound like that good of a sitter either.
She did call them. They didn’t answer her call or texts. She didn’t hear from them until they walked in an hour later. Not to mention, I live half a block away and they were downtown.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:17 am

Depending on that persons Facebook settings it may not even show up. If it does show up and it causes her loss like you described THEN you would actually have a case to sue someone over. You have to prove it’s a lie to begin with. I would say a child getting on a roof while in her care is pretty negligent and irresponsible. As of right now it’s just a case of the little baby sitter getting her feelings hurt because someone said something about her baby sitting skills and mommy is upset and now wants to make a big legal deal over it. You are talking about possible future scenarios that would have to be dealt with in the future IF it ever happens which it likely would not.
How often do you check on your kids once they are in bed? She put this kid to bed at 9 as instructed by the parents. She checked in later and the kid was in bed supposedly asleep. As soon as she heard the noise she went to check. The kids window was open and he was out on the roof of the garage.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:01 pm

How often do you check on your kids once they are in bed? She put this kid to bed at 9 as instructed by the parents. She checked in later and the kid was in bed supposedly asleep. As soon as she heard the noise she went to check. The kids window was open and he was out on the roof of the garage.
The fact of the matter is the kid got on the roof. The parents were unsatisfied. They were not lying when they said their child got on the roof while in her care. You can’t sue someone for saying she wasn’t a good baby sitter and go into detail of how their child was on the roof while in her care. Well, you can sue I guess. I mean you can sue for anything. Winning is a different story. You sound obnoxious for threatening to sue and you never answered my question when I asked how old your daughter was.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

If you just said the woman was being unreasonable and you were unhappy with her attitude with the mother I would agree. I don’t agree with threatening to sue. I think it sounds ridiculous and obnoxious. She would be the obnoxious one but now you are for bringing up going to court over saying she’s a bad baby sitter.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:09 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:01 pm

The fact of the matter is the kid got on the roof. The parents were unsatisfied. They were not lying when they said their child got on the roof while in her care. You can’t sue someone for saying she wasn’t a good baby sitter and go into detail of how their child was on the roof while in her care. Well, you can sue I guess. I mean you can sue for anything. Winning is a different story. You sound obnoxious for threatening to sue and you never answered my question when I asked how old your daughter was.
The lady said my dd made her kid get on the roof. Not that he got on the roof in her care. She is 16. She has been babysitting for two years. This is the first time she has had an issue. The lady is blasting her all over FB and Nextdoor. She is messaging people. I have people messaging me about it. People have even asked her to knock it off. It all started when dd told her she would no longer babysit for her.

I don’t actually plan on taking her to court. But the option is there. She is a 40 year old woman slamming a teenager.
Locked Previous topicNext topic