Apparently my dd is a "crappy babysitter"

Anonymous 1

Unread post

because she refuses to babysit for a particular family anymore. The kids fight all the time, the mom never pays her on time, and the parents are never on time getting home. The last time DD babysat for them they paid her $20 for three kids from 3-11. DD decided no more. Now, this lady is spreading it all around the neighborhood. Luckily, dd has a pretty solid reputation and the kids like her. Hell, one parent has a nanny cam on and came to dd's defense. Even (with our permission) shared some footage of dd actually playing with the kids.

I sent her a message telling her she needed to stop badmouthing my dd. I let her know that if it continues we will seek legal action. I know it sounds extreme. It is just such a crappy situation. There was one night I had to go over and help dd because one of the kids decided to climb on the roof at 11;30 at night and refused to come off. Oh..and this is something that happens often. DD put the kids to bed at 9. Checked on them at 9:30 and again around 10:30. Then she heard noise and found the kid on the roof. He is 11 by the way.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It doesn’t sound like you needed to say anything.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Vegaswife2011 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:05 pm It doesn’t sound like you needed to say anything.
She was posting on FB and messaging people. I was getting messages from people telling me what she was doing. I was super polite. I just told her that she needs to stop talking about my daughter or we would seek legal action. I have not stooped to her level. I refuse to do that. Only one person knows everything because she is my best friend.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

What legal action?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:10 pm What legal action?
I can take her to court for slander. Some of the stuff she is telling people is downright false. Things that never happened. Like, dd was late constantly (dd is always 10 minutes early at a minimum), dd left the kids alone (never happened), dd forced her kids to eat food they don't like (never happened) and that dd told the boy to go out on the roof.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:08 pm
Vegaswife2011 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:05 pm It doesn’t sound like you needed to say anything.
She was posting on FB and messaging people. I was getting messages from people telling me what she was doing. I was super polite. I just told her that she needs to stop talking about my daughter or we would seek legal action. I have not stooped to her level. I refuse to do that. Only one person knows everything because she is my best friend.
Did she stop?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

You sound psycho. Stay out of it
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:14 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:10 pm What legal action?
I can take her to court for slander. Some of the stuff she is telling people is downright false. Things that never happened. Like, dd was late constantly (dd is always 10 minutes early at a minimum), dd left the kids alone (never happened), dd forced her kids to eat food they don't like (never happened) and that dd told the boy to go out on the roof.
Lol ok how old is your daughter? What damages were done? ( much much money has she lost?) filing for a lawsuit is one thing, winning it is another. What a waste of time and money!
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:58 pm because she refuses to babysit for a particular family anymore. The kids fight all the time, the mom never pays her on time, and the parents are never on time getting home. The last time DD babysat for them they paid her $20 for three kids from 3-11. DD decided no more. Now, this lady is spreading it all around the neighborhood. Luckily, dd has a pretty solid reputation and the kids like her. Hell, one parent has a nanny cam on and came to dd's defense. Even (with our permission) shared some footage of dd actually playing with the kids.

I sent her a message telling her she needed to stop badmouthing my dd. I let her know that if it continues we will seek legal action. I know it sounds extreme. It is just such a crappy situation. There was one night I had to go over and help dd because one of the kids decided to climb on the roof at 11;30 at night and refused to come off. Oh..and this is something that happens often. DD put the kids to bed at 9. Checked on them at 9:30 and again around 10:30. Then she heard noise and found the kid on the roof. He is 11 by the way.
You should post what you know about this crappy family. I wouldnt be quiet if she was bad mouthing my child. I would say that she comes home late and refuses to pay the correct amount. I would make it impossible for her to get another babysitter.
Depending on how nasty she is, i might suggest they take parenting classes offered by cps
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I get wanting to rake up for your daughter. However, karma will hit this woman and you won’t have to do a thing.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:58 pm because she refuses to babysit for a particular family anymore. The kids fight all the time, the mom never pays her on time, and the parents are never on time getting home. The last time DD babysat for them they paid her $20 for three kids from 3-11. DD decided no more. Now, this lady is spreading it all around the neighborhood. Luckily, dd has a pretty solid reputation and the kids like her. Hell, one parent has a nanny cam on and came to dd's defense. Even (with our permission) shared some footage of dd actually playing with the kids.

Locked Previous topicNext topic