Teenagers. Ughhh

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Normally my teen is pretty damn good. She has her moments. Like this moment. Today is Prep Day at school. They get their schedules. We pay fees. Sign papers. Buy T-shirt’s. All the stuff for the beginning of school.

She wants to go on her own and bring me everything. Oh. And just give her all the money for fees. Nope. Sorry. I am not sending her with $200 in cash. Plus. I’d rather sign the forms there.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'd just let her do it. It's a step toward independence and shows trust. If she is normally a good kid, I'd say she earns the privilege to get to do those types of things by herself if she wants.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:54 am I'd just let her do it. It's a step toward independence and shows trust. If she is normally a good kid, I'd say she earns the privilege to get to do those types of things by herself if she wants.
Half of the stuff at prep day is geared towards parents.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wouldn't do it either.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:59 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:54 am I'd just let her do it. It's a step toward independence and shows trust. If she is normally a good kid, I'd say she earns the privilege to get to do those types of things by herself if she wants.
Half of the stuff at prep day is geared towards parents.
What do you need to be there for besides signing the papers? Getting schedules, shirts, etc. All sounds like it's geared toward the kids.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

What grade is she going into?
CrazyJenn
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I'd let her do it.

Give her a chance.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Can you not trust her with $200?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
mrsjules79
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

If she's a responsible kid I would totally let her do it. I went DD's freshman year but after that, she took over and it was awesome to not have to deal with that crazy crowd.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'd let her do it. She needs to learn how to do things for herself. If she's normally a good and responsible kid, there's no reason not to trust her to be more independent.
Locked Previous topicNext topic