School Safety Question

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, spending 3 hours standing-in-line for security checks, frisking little old ladies, and confiscating breast milk didn’t really do anything after 9-11 either, yet here we are; people like a false sense of security.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

In 1979,1980 my daughter and kids in our subdivision in Vegas were bused to a North Las Vegas grade school. It was a sketchy area so there were fences , a metal detector and guards at the entrance. Nobody could enter who was not able to identify themselves and prove they had no guns on their body.

That’s how it should be in schools now, considering how many unstable gun owners there are in our country nowadays. Unstable Americans citizens.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:38 pm It's all smoke and mirrors to make you think that your kids are being protected. The only thing that will of course is a ban on assault weapons.

It sounds ideal I agree but there's no way we will ever get all of them off the streets. I know most guns involved in mass shootings were obtained legally but people could obtain them illegally if they really wanted to.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:15 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:38 pm It's all smoke and mirrors to make you think that your kids are being protected. The only thing that will of course is a ban on assault weapons.

It sounds ideal I agree but there's no way we will ever get all of them off the streets. I know most guns involved in mass shootings were obtained legally but people could obtain them illegally if they really wanted to.
It's getting to the point where there is at least one mass shooting a month. The drug gangs are not the ones shooting up concerts, Walmarts, Mosques, etc. It's not the gangs we need to worry about.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Nothing has changed same as it has been for years. You need to be buzzed into the school, doors are locked during school hours. That is about it.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Metal detectors at our high school.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

When I was in high school, police came into my English class, yanked me out of my seat, and found a gun in the backpack of the kid that was sitting next to me. Fully loaded. Someone had been picking on him, and he was going to shoot them. His brother found out and ratted on him.

This is just one reason we are going to homeschool.

Anonymous 7

Unread post

Not trying to sound rude, but what makes you think that things would never happen in your area?
Anonymous 4 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:58 pm So glad that we dont worry about that kind of stuff here. Kids should feel safe at school
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

School know they are soft targets.
Schools need armed protection during the entire day.
If politicians and banks and 'entertainers' receive armed protection why not our children.
Nothing stops a bad guy with a gun faster than a good guy with a gun.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:12 am Not trying to sound rude, but what makes you think that things would never happen in your area?
Anonymous 4 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:58 pm So glad that we dont worry about that kind of stuff here. Kids should feel safe at school
There has literally been one school shooting in my country's history and that was nearly 100 years ago
Locked Previous topicNext topic