You married a level 2 S*x offender how exactly did you think that was going to work

QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:48 pm
QuantumNursing wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:43 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:41 pm

They don’t publish that information in the school directory and class rosters?
No and I have never lived in a school.district that does. And if I did that shit will still not be happening.
Is this public preschool? There is no such thing where I live unless your child is special needs.
Did you mean to quote me? Because I'm with you
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:49 pm
QuantumNursing wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:19 pm

Because we don't want the family to have our phone numbers and addresses. No its not the girl's fault but that doesn't mean her feelings come before our children's safety
I have lived in 5 states and none of the school districts have ever done that

I wouldn't be okay with that
I just texted a friend that is a teacher at the elementary school, and the Parent Association publishes a directory that you can elect to opt out of, so apparently public schools in my town do this too.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:58 pm
QuantumNursing wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:43 pm

No and I have never lived in a school.district that does. And if I did that shit will still not be happening.
Is this public preschool? There is no such thing where I live unless your child is special needs.
Sorry - there is no such thing as public preschool. We absolutely publish everyone’s info in a directory 😂

ETA - why would the directory bother you, absent the whole S*x offender thing?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:55 pm

My children have only gone to private preschool (no public preschool here) and private school, and every one publishes a directory. I even have the phone numbers and addresses of all the teachers. Honestly I have no idea why it would bother anyone.
I would never give my name, phone number, or address out to strangers. Not sure why anyone would be okay with that
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:58 pm

I just texted a friend that is a teacher at the elementary school, and the Parent Association publishes a directory that you can elect to opt out of, so apparently public schools in my town do this too.
I have no doubt that schools still do this. I've never been in one that did. But like I said I would be throwing a huge shit fit if they published that much info about my family. How is that ok
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:59 pm
QuantumNursing wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:58 pm

Sorry - there is no such thing as public preschool. We absolutely publish everyone’s info in a directory 😂

ETA - why would the directory bother you, absent the whole S*x offender thing?
Wrong. 43 states have publicly funded preschools or pre-KS. Not all of them are income based. And are in fact at the actual elementary schools. Do actually go up to every Tom,dick and Harry and them your name,phone number, address?Thats what those directories do.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My children have only gone to private preschool (no public preschool here) and private school, and every one publishes a directory. I even have the phone numbers and addresses of all the teachers. Honestly I have no idea why it would bother anyone.
When my kids were in private school parents had to sign something to say they agree to their info being published. If a parent didn't sign off, then that family's info was not published.

I think any kind of school could have a potential liability if they don't at least seek parental permission first before publishing that kind of info.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:15 pm

When my kids were in private school parents had to sign something to say they agree to their info being published. If a parent didn't sign off, then that family's info was not published.

I think any kind of school could have a potential liability if they don't at least seek parental permission first before publishing that kind of info.
I just look this shit up. Just because I'm amazed that this is still allowed. There is a little clause in FERPA that parents must have a chance to decline their info from being published........I am absolutely gobsmacked
Anonymous 9

Unread post

I wouldn't feel so good and want to brag about excluding and bullying young children but go you?
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:18 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:15 pm

I just look this shit up. Just because I'm amazed that this is still allowed. There is a little clause in FERPA that parents must have a chance to decline their info from being published........I am absolutely gobsmacked
As long as parents have the opportunity to opt out before it's published then I'm good. But just automatically publishing like the anon is saying, yeah that's wrong.
Locked Previous topicNext topic