Do you make them eat it?

Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

hugs wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:31 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:20 pm Just let them pick out the stuff they don't like.
this for when my kids were younger as well
I pick stuff out of my food all the time.. lol!
hugs
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:37 pm
hugs wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:31 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:20 pm Just let them pick out the stuff they don't like.
this for when my kids were younger as well
I pick stuff out of my food all the time.. lol!
LOL .. same here
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I don’t make them eat if they don’t want to. They can pick out what they don’t like or make themselves something else.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Our rule is you eat what is served or you do not eat. I am not a short order cook so only 1 meal is made and presented.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I've always been a what I make is what you get kind of person. You can take a lot or a little but be prepared to eat whatever you take and you're not getting anything else.

Never been a problem. Them's the rules.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't make meal time a battle. My parents did that, because theirs did, and it was awful. The rule is if you don't like what I make, you can make something yourself.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Okay, so first I'd go outside, howl at the moon, kick some garbage cans, and maybe bang my head on the pavement a few times.

Then I would let them pick out the parts they "don't like". But they would have to taste each one once. I don't believe in force-feeding. But I absolutely would force them to put a tiny taste into their mouths.

Oh, and they wouldn't be in my kitchen again for a long time!
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

You get what you get. If you don’t eat it that’s fine, you’re going to be hungry.

I don’t force foods because it doesn’t work and just makes mealtimes a battle. I put it on their plate anyway and try to talk them into tasting something, even if it’s just a tiny nibble. But if they want to pick something out and eat the rest, that’s fine.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:12 pm I don't force them to eat, but our rule is the same, like the meal or not. You eat what you are given or you don't eat. If you want to be excused from the table, you don't have to finish it, but you have to try a few bites. Picking things out is rude and not allowed. 12 is way too old for that. I know way too many adults with unhealthy eating habits because they were never pushed past their pickyness and could always just get something else.
How is it rude?
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don’t make anyone eat anything at any given time. I’m the pickiest eater in the house and sometimes I don’t want to eat things I’ve previously eaten before.
Locked Previous topicNext topic