Do you make them eat it?

KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Nope.

She only eats what she wants to eat. I wouldn't want someone forcing me to eat something I don't like or want so I've never done that to her.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I let my youngest kid see what I add. Idk if it's physical or psychological but vegetables make him gag, especially raw ones. If i hide them in dishes he's fine though. So I told him now you know how to cook for yourself and get the vegetables that you need. That being said I would be annoyed if he picked out what he ate yesterday and I'd say something.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Food is not a battle in my house. If they dont want it they can make themselves something else.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Food was not an issue in my house. My dining room table is not a battle ground. Don't like it, don't eat it, please make yourself something else, and clean up after yourself.

I do not eat something that does not smell good to me. I do not eat something that does not taste good to me. I do not eat something that does not look good to me. I can't image the need to be so controlling over food. Forcing a child to eat, or even taste something because you the adult want them to is just stupid. Most food issues take care of themselves over time.
Nvl0707
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

My rule is you have to have at least three bites. After that if you really don’t like it then you can have a banana or something.
Spunky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

They can pick it out.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

I have picky teens. They either eat from the food that’s on the table or they make themselves something else later. I usually have several options, so they tend to find something they will like.
A few years ago oldest was trying to be manipulative, and would refuse to eat anything on the table. A week of making plain cheese quesadillas got old real and the pickiness suddenly vanished.
Now that oldest is in college, anything home cooked gets eaten without a second thought. :)
Maggie
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Yes I do. I don’t play so don’t like it after they’ve eaten and loved it before
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:36 pm Nope.

She only eats what she wants to eat. I wouldn't want someone forcing me to eat something I don't like or want so I've never done that to her.
Ditto.
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I let them eat what they want out of it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic