My neighbor doesn't like that we don't mow the lawn

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Earlier this year we decided that we were going to let our lawn grow out. It had happened a few times in the previous summer is due to vacations and illnesses and other stuff and it always looks beautiful.

My husband and I decided that we were going to let it grow out and see what the natural biodiversity was like. We have many different types of grasses that grow here and other ground coverings. I love the look of it.

My neighbor on the other hand does not like it. He cut his lawn twice a week and it looks meticulous. We just don't think it's worth the time or the effort and we have noticed a lot more pollinators in our yard than anywhere else in the neighborhood. My neighbor says that we need to cut it or he's going to get law enforcement involved. We don't live within City limits so there's really not much he can do. My husband is actually kind of worried that one day we'll come home and he'll have mowed it. But we'll know it was him because; one, who does no one else would do that?and two, we have cameras on both the front and back yard. If he does try to mow the lawn we will press charges for trespassing because that's just not okay

I almost wish I could send him this meme but I don't have his number.
64355424_1091504051044023_3443581404997222400_o (1).jpg
What it really comes down to is our yard isn't his business and he doesn't have to like what we like.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, while I think you’re dumb, I agree that your lawn is none of their business.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Poor guy. Even if he does live in troll town I feel bad for him.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

It is none of your neighbors business no matter how lazy you are.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

The city or county can impose a fine if your grass becomes too tall.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:36 pm It is none of your neighbors business no matter how lazy you are.
It isn't us just being lazy. There are a ton of benefits to letting it grow out
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:38 pm The city or county can impose a fine if your grass becomes too tall.
Our area in unincorporated. No one can fine us for it.

It's also legal to shoot guns, burn trash, and be as loud as we want whenever we want (we don't do any of those things but it is all legal)
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Only lazy jerks would use the excuse you are using to not mow the grass like normal decent people.
Im glad I live in a upper class area and we are fined if our grass is overgrown.
I hope your neighbor mows that unsightly ugly overgrown marsh grass. You will have to prove he did it before any legal action can be taken.
Danesmommy1
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Just say you don't want to mow your lawn. It's legal where you are, so no need to fancy it up with buzz words.
She is too fond of books and it has turned her brain.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm way too obsessive about rats and other critters in my yard to let it grow out. Minimum once a week it gets mowed.
Locked Previous topicNext topic