I feel like such a F***ing failure

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I am sorry OP.

But wow, these responses, are they true? If you keep doing what you have always done, you will keep getting what you have always got. Break the cycle.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:47 pm Yes. She put herself in the situation.
Bubbs wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:38 pm
Anonymous 8 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:36 pm Don’t file bankruptcy. It’s your debt. Society shouldn’t have to pick up your tab.
If she is in a situation that she will never get out of the debt, should she stay in a miserable marriage, living a miserable life, for money?
I disagree completely. There is no reason in the world to stay miserable. If her husband is running up credit card debt in her name, that’s financial abuse, no one should stay in that situation. It’s money, not worth more than long term happiness.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:59 am
Anonymous 8 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:47 pm Yes. She put herself in the situation.

If she is in a situation that she will never get out of the debt, should she stay in a miserable marriage, living a miserable life, for money?
I disagree completely. There is no reason in the world to stay miserable. If her husband is running up credit card debt in her name, that’s financial abuse, no one should stay in that situation. It’s money, not worth more than long term happiness.
If I remember correctly she ran up the debt they have and now she's taking money to pay the debt with and he doesn't think he should have to pay for the debt. Not saying that she shouldn't file for bankruptcy or that he's not a horrible person but she got herself into this situation.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

destinyangl21 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:18 pm
Dylexsmommy wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:14 pm Leave his ass and fast.
I'm trying to save as much as I can but he spends it all.
Take him off your account. Stop making excuses to stay with him make an exit plan.
I shit glitter
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:07 am

If I remember correctly she ran up the debt they have and now she's taking money to pay the debt with and he doesn't think he should have to pay for the debt. Not saying that she shouldn't file for bankruptcy or that he's not a horrible person but she got herself into this situation.
People get themselves in situations all the time. I don’t know anything about her or her situation (I probably didn’t read any other posts) bankruptcies aren’t ideal, but that’s what it’s for. And if she files for 11, then she’ll pay it off, but in a way that would allow her to make other changes.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:07 am

Then she gets into a debt relief program where she still pays the debt but the program helps with negotiations, lawsuits, etc.
Problem solved. No reason for her to stay miserable.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

First thing...set up a budget. Anything that is left after that, move to another account or take out cash and hide it. Leave him a little spending money. Second, see if you can move in with your mom or another family member for a bit. Third, see if you can find a new job,

Don’t let this man ruin you. I almost did the same thing. I got out and never regretted it for a second.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

What ever happened to personal responsibility? Those are HER debts. Nobody else should be responsible for them. I’m flabbergasted that people like you don’t think she should have to pay what she owes.

Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:11 am What ever happened to personal responsibility? Those are HER debts. Nobody else should be responsible for them. I’m flabbergasted that people like you don’t think she should have to pay what she owes.

There’s two types of bankruptcies, one every thing is discharged. And the other is debt consolidation.
Personal responsibility is important, but not at the sake of long term happiness. It sounds like an abusive situation and I think some she use every avenue available to get themselves out of that.
destinyangl21
Lady in Waiting
Lady in Waiting

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:15 pm
destinyangl21 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:22 pm
Msprekteacher wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:18 pm If you divorce you would be eligible for WIC, day care subsidies, food stamps and the like. It doesn’t and wouldn’t be forever, but would be long enough for you to get out and to start making a better life. You CAN do it if you want to!

I make too much to get assistance and currently we are 60k in debt. Most of the debt is in my name.
How did you get 60k in debt while living with family?
I dont live here for free. We pay half of all the expenses for the house. So its 1600 plus the cost of food.
Locked Previous topicNext topic