The judge ordered 50/50 custody for a 3 week old baby

Anonymous 8

Unread post

Just to give you something to argue about.
QuantumNursing wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:51 pm
Anonymous 8 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:41 pm I'm just picturing my DH with a 3 week old baby for 7 days/24 hours. LMAO.
Why did you marry someone so inept.?
Mommabearof2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I have no problem with this. I think Fathers should have more rights to their children.
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Judges are starting to realize dad's have just as many rights as moms do. They are also starting to realize male role models during the early years are also important.
i want candy!
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:48 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:24 pm
Pjmm wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:14 pm

Maybe. Idk why he won't. It would be easier. I couldn't pump enough though. So I used both.
I think he is being difficult on purpose. She obviously wants to breast feed and him having the baby every other week and refusing to use breast milk takes that decision away from her. Which makes me think this isn’t going to be healthy for the child at all since it seems he is using the child against the mother, which is the worse thing a parent can do to their child during a divorce.
Why is having equal access to his child spiteful?what the hell1 is the m1atter wirh a father wanting to be there and raise his child from infancy?
Did you read what I wrote? There is absolutely nothing wrong with a father wanting equal access to his child. There is something wrong with the father refusing to give the child breast milk when in his care.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:10 pm
MrsDavidB wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:09 pm That would be heartbreaking to me. Why did they split?
There was cheating involved
That's not exactly happily married, sorry your daughter is going through I feel bad for her.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 11 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:48 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:10 pm
MrsDavidB wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:09 pm That would be heartbreaking to me. Why did they split?
There was cheating involved
That's not exactly happily married, sorry your daughter is going through I feel bad for her.
That was before everything happened so they were happy then. The cheating was after drinking too much at a party. He says he didnt realize what he was doing and was blacked out.
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Wait. I slightly remember this. Her ex cheated at a new year party or something.
You thought for sure he'd never get 50/50.
i want candy!
TheReluctantHippie
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

I wouldn’t,, 50/50 is awful for babies. They need a consistent primary caregiver.
PinkMartini wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:27 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:05 pm My daughter went to court with her ex. They had the court date set up when she was pregnant to be after the baby would be born. She was shocked when the judge ordered 50/50 custody every other week. So she gets DD for a week and he gets her for a week.

She is pretty heart broken. She has friends who have been in similar positions and none of them had 50/50 for a baby so young. Usually it was that dads have the kid on weekends or even split during the day.

DD was breastfeeding and now that likely wont be possible because her ex doesnt want to deal with breast milk. She will have to go a week at a time without seeing her baby which would be so hard. I am not saying that I dont think dad doesnt deserve time with the baby. It is a sucky situation all the way around.

No one wants to see a baby that young bounce around except the judge I guess.

6 months ago they were happily married and excited for the baby and now it is a huge mess. I am sad for mom, dad, and baby
I would expect a judge to award 50/50 custody to the father, if he wanted it. Gone are the days were the mother automatically received primary custody, and the dad received every other weekend. Frankly, she should have expected this.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

madfoodie wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:55 pm Wait. I slightly remember this. Her ex cheated at a new year party or something.
You thought for sure he'd never get 50/50.
You must be thinking of something else. I never posted about it on here before this post
Anonymous 12

Unread post

If he was a good parent he would put the baby’s needs first. 50/50 is not a healthy schedule for an infant.
Anonymous 6 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:07 pm I’m sure dad would like to see his child just as often as mom gets to. He’s ALSO a parent.
Locked Previous topicNext topic