The judge ordered 50/50 custody for a 3 week old baby

MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:26 am That would be devastating me. I would need to be medicated.

I would try not to divorce, just so I could have my kids.
Right. All of these moms on here saying 'oh well Dad has rights too' would be singing a way different tune if this happened to them and they lost their newborn baby for half the time.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

0.1 This one isnt believable at all but I'll give you a point for being different
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:46 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:26 am That would be devastating me. I would need to be medicated.

Right. All of these moms on here saying 'oh well Dad has rights too' would be singing a way different tune if this happened to them and they lost their newborn baby for half the time.
The courts don't generally care about feelings just laws.
I shit glitter
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:46 am

Or we truly believe in Father's rights. 50/50 custody should be the norm. Not a shock ot a surprise. Not one of us has said that this wasnt sad. It is sad for both parties involved. Fathers shouldnt lose their newborn half the time also.
PinkMartini
Villein
Villein

Unread post

Anonymous 13 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:11 pm
PinkMartini wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:49 pm
Yoloo wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:42 pm

Do you live under a rock? Do you honestly think it is the norm for custody to be 50/50 from just after birth?

It isnt good for a baby to be passed around like a hot potato
Under this rock judges give parents 50/50 custody, unless there is a reason not to. The baby being three weeks old would not be a reason
Breastfeeding is a reason.
No it is not. Bottled breast milk or formula is adequate.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

She will do the same as when she is working. Have 1 week with the child and 1 week without. The child will go to daycare while either Mom or Dad works. I don’t see why this is complicated.
Lemons wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:43 pm
Msprekteacher wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:24 pm But breast feeding should not interfere with a father who wants, and deserves equal time with his child. If that were the case then any woman can go to court and say “but I am breastfeeding, so I get baby 100% of the time”. To what end then? 6 months when baby starts solids? 1 year when most formula fed babies are put on cows milk? Or longer because Mom believes in extended breast feeding.

Nope, Dad has just as much right and formula isn’t the end of the world.

Lemons wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:24 pm

It is odd because we’ve come a long way to ensure that women can breast feed if they choose. That’s too bad
I understand babies don’t need to be breastfed and in the long run it doesn’t make any difference. It’s sad if the mother had her heart set on it. I’m just wondering how the father will handle not working every other week. What kind of job allows that? You are either taking a paternity leave or you’re not. And since the mother told a maternity leave what is she supposed to do every other week?
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Why is Moms desire to breastfeed greater than the fathers desire to parent his child as well? Mom doesn’t hold the trump card just because she has breasts. Perhaps Dad IS the better parent. We don’t know. The judge however believes it is in the child’s best interest to spend 50/50 with both parents.

BionicBunny wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:33 pm I agree but also a fathers visitation shouldn’t interfere with breastfeeding a child either. This child is the one paying for this back and forth. Just imagine how the future will be for this child.
Msprekteacher wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:24 pm But breast feeding should not interfere with a father who wants, and deserves equal time with his child. If that were the case then any woman can go to court and say “but I am breastfeeding, so I get baby 100% of the time”. To what end then? 6 months when baby starts solids? 1 year when most formula fed babies are put on cows milk? Or longer because Mom believes in extended breast feeding.

It is odd because we’ve come a long way to ensure that women can breast feed if they choose. That’s too bad
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

And I whole heartedly disagree with that. I wanted to breast feed and #1 simply was lazy and refused to latch. So let’s play this game—I tell the judge “But your honor I’m going to exclusively breast feed for a year”. I get full custody for 12 months—Dad obviously isn’t in the home and I start formula feeding at day 2 months. He’d never know because no one in my camp is going to tell him.

Nope, formula is perfectly fine. If Mom wants to breast feed she will have to figure out a way to do it when it’s her time. And Yes, given my own struggles I know that’s not always possible but oh well. Dad has rights too that shouldn’t be trumped by breasts.

Fullxbusymom wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:10 pm In most states that is what happens. They won't allow overnights or 50/50 for at least a year if exclusively breastfeeding. That is how it is in my state.

Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Sassy762 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:49 am 0.1 This one isnt believable at all but I'll give you a point for being different
2/10 not buying it but extra point for being more creative than BM/SM.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

The hypocrisy of a few of you is mind blowing. I've read your comments before about how breast milk is soooo much better for babies. Then you get a chance to show how "enlightened" you are and change your tune.
Locked Previous topicNext topic