The judge ordered 50/50 custody for a 3 week old baby

MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

WickedPissah wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:24 am
MrsDavidB wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:46 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:26 am That would be devastating me. I would need to be medicated.

I would try not to divorce, just so I could have my kids.
Right. All of these moms on here saying 'oh well Dad has rights too' would be singing a way different tune if this happened to them and they lost their newborn baby for half the time.
The courts don't generally care about feelings just laws.
I never said a thing about court. You wouldn’t be devastated to lose your newborn half the time? You would happily hand her over? How sad you wouldn’t care because of ‘Dads rights’
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I wish I hadn't even mentioned the breast feeding because the post mostly seems to be about that. Dd wasn't trying to say that because she breast feeds she should have full custody. That was just one of the things she was really upset about.

It was a no win situation
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:16 am I wish I hadn't even mentioned the breast feeding because the post mostly seems to be about that. Dd wasn't trying to say that because she breast feeds she should have full custody. That was just one of the things she was really upset about.

It was a no win situation

I mentioned the breast milk to point out a few members are not being sincere in some of their comments. I am so sorry this is happening to your daughter. It would have killed me to only have my baby half the time.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:14 am

Right. All of these moms on here saying 'oh well Dad has rights too' would be singing a way different tune if this happened to them and they lost their newborn baby for half the time.
I never said a thing about court. You wouldn’t be devastated to lose your newborn half the time? You would happily hand her over? How sad you wouldn’t care because of ‘Dads rights’
Once again no one said that. No one said that they wouldnt care. Because of course we would. Just like a father cares when he is withheld from having a relationship with his child over breastfeeding.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:21 am
Once again no one said that. No one said that they wouldnt care. Because of course we would. Just like a father cares when he is withheld from having a relationship with his child over breastfeeding.

Do you think parents can't have a good relationship with children unless custody is 50/50? That's not how it works.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:23 am

Do you think parents can't have a good relationship with children unless custody is 50/50? That's not how it works.
I never said that either. What I said is that 50/50 should be the norm unless there is extenuating circumstances. In the case of an infant breastfeeding it is detrimental to the relationship with the father. They arent able to see or take care of their child or have a relationship with that child seperate of its mother. That hinders the relationship between child and father
Anonymous 14

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:27 am

I never said that either. What I said is that 50/50 should be the norm unless there is extenuating circumstances. In the case of an infant breastfeeding it is detrimental to the relationship with the father. They arent able to see or take care of their child or have a relationship with that child seperate of its mother. That hinders the relationship between child and father

Women who hoard their children when they're infants are often the same ones that complain when the father doesn't carry as much parenting weight with them as they want them to when the children are older. It's like they want their kids relationship with their father to be on their times - when and where and how they want it to happen. It's kind of ironic.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

No, it doesn't. I know plenty of men who have wonderful relationships with their children who didn't have 50/50 custody. At least two of them were divorced when their children were infants.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No one said they wouldn't be sad. Show me where someone wouldn't be sad.
I shit glitter
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 14 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:31 am

Women who hoard their children when they're infants are often the same ones that complain when the father doesn't carry as much parenting weight with them as they want them to when the children are older. It's like they want their kids relationship with their father to be on their times - when and where and how they want it to happen. It's kind of ironic.
Exactly
Locked Previous topicNext topic