I'm so mad

mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 9:53 am
mater-three wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 4:40 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 9:40 pm

But in which class would a 86 be a c (it was a difficult class) and I'm estimating upper 80s in English be a d?

I don’t know. The grading scales are pretty complex - or at least mine were. I passed my statistics class (hardest class I took) with a C. My score was a 70 even. That would have been a D in my accounting classes. I think I’d check the syllabus first not because you’re wrong - but it should give you a working knowledge to confront (for lack of a better word) the professor.

If I can offer one more bit of advice though, do NOT go to the professor yourself. Let your son do it. So many of my professors made a point to say that they don’t take students who let their parents take care of these things seriously.

Support him. Help him figure out a plan. Listen - but let him do the actual dialog.

Not that you asked or planned on doing it. I just thought I’d throw that in there. Sorry.
I'm a huge believer in teaching my son to handle these things himself but thank you! I know someone who works there and I was shocked when she told me how many students still have mommy and daddy do everything for them even in their senior dyear!
Welcome. I saw someone on Facebook once that said she went down to her son’s college and they called the police on her. I’m not sure why since she didn’t say - but that must have been an interesting encounter.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

So he heard back from his teacher. For some reason several assignments that are showing up as submitted and graded at 100 on my son's side aren't showing up on his teachers side at all. He's had so many technical issues with this class. The teacher is trying to figure out what's going on.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 9:35 pm So he heard back from his teacher. For some reason several assignments that are showing up as submitted and graded at 100 on my son's side aren't showing up on his teachers side at all. He's had so many technical issues with this class. The teacher is trying to figure out what's going on.
See, instead of going to immediately irate, communicate to figure out what is going on.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 9:38 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 9:35 pm So he heard back from his teacher. For some reason several assignments that are showing up as submitted and graded at 100 on my son's side aren't showing up on his teachers side at all. He's had so many technical issues with this class. The teacher is trying to figure out what's going on.
See, instead of going to immediately irate, communicate to figure out what is going on.
I'm still mad. This shouldn't have happened. This has been an ongoing problem with this 1 class all semester. He submits an assignment, it says it's submitted, he goes back the next day and it says he didn't submit it so he has to resubmit it. He had to redo a couple of assignments because they didn't submit and he didn't save them. And now this. I don't know what's going to happen. I don't know if the teacher is going to pass him on the class because it's the final project that it's saying he didn't submit on the teachers end. And yes he should have saved those assignments but their system has failed him over and over again this semester.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 11:20 pm
I'm still mad. This shouldn't have happened. This has been an ongoing problem with this 1 class all semester. He submits an assignment, it says it's submitted, he goes back the next day and it says he didn't submit it so he has to resubmit it. He had to redo a couple of assignments because they didn't submit and he didn't save them. And now this. I don't know what's going to happen. I don't know if the teacher is going to pass him on the class because it's the final project that it's saying he didn't submit on the teachers end. And yes he should have saved those assignments but their system has failed him over and over again this semester.
It's a technical issue- not the professor's fault. He can only go by what he sees on his end. Also, this is a lesson for your son to always, always save his work. If he does it in Google docs, it automatically saves and has a history on there for edits to prove there could be no plagiarism. He will need to always save things while in college and have a history of edits due to code of conduct in college. There is a student at my daughter's university that used Grammarly to check her spelling/ punctuation and a professor accused her of plagiarism so now she is on academic probation..she has used Grammarly for the last 3 years as her other professors had her use it in their classes. Having proof of work/edits is the best option. You need to place the blame on your son for not saving his work and not just blame the professor for technical issues. There's not much a professor can do if a program is not working properly on his end so there is no reason for you to be angry when it is unavoidable. Being frustrated at the situation? Ok..just not the professor. Honestly? I'd be more frustrated with my kid for failing to save their work as this is something that they should know to do in high school.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Anonymous 1

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:06 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 11:20 pm

It's a technical issue- not the professor's fault. He can only go by what he sees on his end. Also, this is a lesson for your son to always, always save his work. If he does it in Google docs, it automatically saves and has a history on there for edits to prove there could be no plagiarism. He will need to always save things while in college and have a history of edits due to code of conduct in college. There is a student at my daughter's university that used Grammarly to check her spelling/ punctuation and a professor accused her of plagiarism so now she is on academic probation..she has used Grammarly for the last 3 years as her other professors had her use it in their classes. Having proof of work/edits is the best option. You need to place the blame on your son for not saving his work and not just blame the professor for technical issues. There's not much a professor can do if a program is not working properly on his end so there is no reason for you to be angry when it is unavoidable. Being frustrated at the situation? Ok..just not the professor. Honestly? I'd be more frustrated with my kid for failing to save their work as this is something that they should know to do in high school.
Never once did I say who I was mad at. I'm mad at my son for not saving his work even though I told him to. And I'm mad at this stupid program for it's continual glitches. And at the school for charging me that $60 fee instead of just fixing it when they realized it. None of what I said I'm mad about is the professors fault at all nor did I ever blame it on him. I just said I don't know if he's going to be able to fix it and pass my kid after all of his hard work.
But I guess you're just following the general format of this site and finding something to blame on me and say I'm wrong about?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic