Life has been rough

Anonymous 1

Unread post

And then today my 16 year old came to me for advice. And when we were done talking he gave me a big hug and told me that he appreciates the way I help him because I don't tell him what to do I give him options and help him walk through each one until he can make a choice. And it just brightened my day and made me feel like maybe I'm not such a failure after all.
Whats something positive that has happened in your life recently?
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So glad to hear you had a bright moment. Sounds like an unusually aware teen, you must be doing a good job with him. Way to go Mama!
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I love this~Having 2 boys, one who is fiercely independent and one who I am convinced will never leave the house, this gives me hope :). Girls are always drawn (generally) to Mom, but boys not so much. So I am smiling knowing your son still came to Mom :)

Life is generally good for me. Not a brag, it just is….hasn’t always been, but life is good. So I can’t pick just one moment :)
Anonymous 1

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 10:05 pm So glad to hear you had a bright moment. Sounds like an unusually aware teen, you must be doing a good job with him. Way to go Mama!
This kid was tough as a little kid. I didn't think we would ever survive his childhood. I was actually told by a psychologist to get myself therapy because no matter what I do he's just going to be a crazy difficult child and even the perfect parent would struggle with him.
But now as a teenager... can I keep him? Do I have to send him out into the world? He's the most kind, helpful, loving teenage boy I've ever met. And he fully admits he was a crazy difficult little kid for no reason 🤣. It's just so unfair I had to struggle through his childhood and now that he's amazing I have to let him go.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Heyteacher wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:07 am I love this~Having 2 boys, one who is fiercely independent and one who I am convinced will never leave the house, this gives me hope :). Girls are always drawn (generally) to Mom, but boys not so much. So I am smiling knowing your son still came to Mom :)

Life is generally good for me. Not a brag, it just is….hasn’t always been, but life is good. So I can’t pick just one moment :)
We've definitely grown closer during his teenage years than his younger years so there's hope! And I never thought he would ever be independent either but the wisdom he shows in his choices at this point in his life I know he will be just fine.
I can't say life has been bad bad just rough in the sense of there has been so many changes and big decisions and so much to try to stay on top of. It has just been a lot all at once you know?
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Life has been rough but it's looking up. My kids were my cheerleaders the last 10 years of my marriage and the 1 1/2 years since my husband died. Now that they are both adults (27 & 21) I'm learning how to go solo. It's challenging and exciting at the same time.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

My son went through an angsty phase from like 13-15 but now he seems to be getting back to normal. He was asked in a survey what makes him happy and he said me. He asks to hang out with me every weekend. He's such a breath of fresh air.

My husband and I are leaving for our Italy trip on Friday, I am ecstatic. I've also lost 16 lbs so I feel really cute rn.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My husband and I are setting out on a long-awaited trip to Canada. It will take us days just to get there but we are going to see every sight along the way. So excited to finally be going!

Take care Ladies!
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That is super sweet!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic