My son's English teacher just does not get it

Anonymous 5

Unread post

You're falling your son. But hey if you wanna screw up his life good for you.
luvthagirl
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:46 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:41 am It sounds like you’ve babied your son, and he has no clue how to multitask. There is no reason he can’t do homework. TONS of athletes all over the country manage to do both.
He isn't babied. His other teachers just understand.
It sounds like his other teachers didn't give a damn
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No - YOU'RE the one who doesn't get it. I can't believe you wasted everyone's time with your whining.
EmilyH87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lord, you've got to be trolling. If not, you are the WORST kind of parent.
Dungeon & Dragons Shenanigans:
https://twitch.tv/teambonusaction
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Oh, poor BABY. God forbid he goes to school and actually does schoolwork. He isn't special. He's a student first and athlete second. Nice try.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

My DD is in multiple sports teams, is doing dual enrollment, and has a part time job

Your son is just lazy
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:49 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:38 am My son started his junior year last week. He plays football and basketball. Since middle school he hasnt had to do homework during season. Every other teacher gets it. I know I will get bad mouthed for this. During season he gets no lower then an 80% on tests and he also never does homework.

He is a star player. I know he and his team gets special treatment.

Well this years English teacher will not budge. She isn't what you earn in her class is what you get.

On Friday she wanted a paper wriiten about what you wanted to accomplish in your junior year.

My son didnt do it of course. My son called me Friday saying he was getting a 0 unless he hands it in Monday. I emailed the teacher and told her Id be calling a meeting.

Last night I had a meeting with the teacher the principal and my son. She will not budge and the principal said he can't make her. She was a little snobby her last words were to my son was Im sorry your other teachers are failing you but I am.

For him to get a passing grade on this assignment he not only needs to do the first assignment but he also needs to write about what he likes besides sports

We started the paper last night. Instead of doing his work out this moring he needs to write this paper.

She is a very lived teacher. But she is against athletes .
Ok
You’ve got to be trolling us.
This doesn’t happen.
Oh and- she’s a very lived teacher?
Omg, posts get more ridiculous and subnormal all the time in this group
🙄
This stuff does happen. Some of the parents at Dads school threw a fit when teachers assigned big assignment on game weeks. Some shitty parents think their kids shouldn't have to do work because they play sports
Anonymous 6

Unread post

stilltfez wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:20 am No school would allow this. No way in heck. ALL schools/teachers/coaches stress academics for athletes. 0/10
Another person who is wrong. Many schools in my area let their athletes skip assignments or allow them to get away with anything just so they can play
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:40 am Well good. Now if your son breaks a leg and can no longer play football at least he will be able to write.
Hopefully better than his mother...
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If this is even true, you are doing your son a diservice. She isn't "against athletes", she is against putting them above all other students. She is doing what is best for your son, who will need to know about more than sports in life. What will he do when he is in college and has to do his homework?
Locked Previous topicNext topic